Dec 21, 2007

Christmas Meaning


What Does Christmas Mean To You?
The season is upon us when many view the day we
call Christmas as a special time to celebrate.

Weeks leading up to this day, you will find that
shoppers are busy strolling the malls for that
perfect gift for their love ones and acquaintances.

Families decorate their surroundings with the
smell of pine,cinnamon and a host of shining lights.

Even the usually grumpy people, now show a glimpse of
unusual kindness during this season. Children are especially
happy as they wait in anticipation and expectation of the
many surprises they will get to unwrap. It's even a tradition
for many to prepare a more abundant and extraordinary
meal for this day called Christmas.

But what does Christmas really mean to you?
What is the celebration really about? Is it more about an outer
celebration or an inner one?

I'm certain that each individual will have a different aspect to
the questions asked. And there are no right or wrong answers
because it all depends on where in life one is as to how they will respond.

For me, I see Christmas far different today than I did ten
years ago, even five years ago. I admit I went the
traditional route for a long time in order to give my
kids and family a special day that was expected.

Now, years later, after my kids are grown and have left
home. I now attune to a more deeper and inner celebration.
Not just on this day but everyday is special to me.

Still, some how Christmas remains a bit more special because it
marks the birth date of my Lord and Savior.
I will continue to look at this day as spirit filled and to be
exceedingly grateful that Christ was born.

Behold I bring unto you good tidings of great joy,
which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:10-11

Wishing you all the best of the holiday season!
Rena

No comments: